The biggest game changer in my business is PLANNING. Which means always knowing exactly WHAT I need to be working on and WHEN.
I am a firm believer in having ‘purpose’ in your life, something to FOCUS on. It’s way too easy for another week, month and even year to whizz past without us realising if we don’t have something clear to focus on, a plan in place to achieve.
So I now plan my work in 90-day chunks to keep me laser focused – on the RIGHT stuff. During these 90 day periods, I also hold a monthly review every month. This ensures I always end the month on a celebration.
I set out with a monthly mission, which I turn into a strategic plan by identifying what the exact tasks are that need to happen for me to achieve my monthly mission. Then every day I just set to doing that day’s task – knowing by just focusing on that one small task I will end the month having achieved my big goal. It really is as simple as it sounds!
It really is as simple as it sounds!
Hopefully, you have monthly review ‘dates’ scheduled in the diary for the remainder of the year. If not then start now, it will make a MASSIVE difference to your yearly progress that I can promise you. So go ahead and pop those in your calendar…..go on schedule a re-occurring monthly review right now.
Then each month follow the below 7 steps:
- Take yourself somewhere distraction free for 60 minutes – I recommend your favourite coffee shop for some healthy treats!
- Reflect on the last month, what amazing things have you achieved? What went particularly well? What could you do better? End it by focusing on what you DID achieve rather that what you didn’t achieve. This sets the vibration for the following month
- Go back to your ‘future projects lists’ and add any new ideas, projects and dreams
- Decide specifically which projects you will be focusing on for the next month and what you would love to achieve. Turn these into goals written in the present tense (way more powerful)
- Next, break down these goals into smaller weekly goals. So if there are 4 weeks in the upcoming month, break your goal into 4 ‘milestones’ so you have a clear focus every single week.
- Then each week you simply take your next weekly goal and brainstorm all the tasks that need to be completed in order to achieve your weekly goal. Make them bite sized otherwise you will remain in overwhelm – the trick here is to make everything ‘easy’ so you can’t fail
- Then diarise exactly WHEN you will work on the tasks throughout the coming week and you’re off
Celebrate a fabulous month of achieving your goals and moving forwards – with ease and clarity.
These monthly reviews are what allow me to always keep moving forwards with my business as well as ensuring I am managing my time in the best way possible. I don’t spend ANY time wondering what to work on next as it is all planned out.
I go into lots more detail with my private clients, really breaking things down so that they get up every day and just know what to focus on next. It’s dare I say it, EASY, for them to achieve their goals!
I can’t WAIT to hear what you are going to achieve next month.
Love Jo x
If you know it’s time to step up and start making your months count then I currently have a few slots available for my 60-min Productivity Intensive. You don’t have to keep feeling frustrated at your lack of progress each month….or year! You also get the added bonus of a free month in the Wildly Successful Society when you book one of my intensives.